A historic renovation
Located on the edge of Windsor Great Park, the Fairmont Windsor Park hotel is surrounded by forty acres of open green space and a tranquil lake, yet within easy reach of Heathrow Airport and Central London. Formerly known as Heath Lodge, it was a private home until purchased by Baron John Henry Schroder in 1864. Following several changes of name and ownership, in 2014 it was acquired by Surinder Arora as The Savill Court. When planning a total rebuild, the owners sought to retain the hotel’s traditional Jacobean architecture while incorporating modern elegance, comfort and luxury throughout its 251 guestrooms and suites. The Fairmont Windsor Park also presents a selection of dining options and a spa offering facilities that include 18 treatment rooms, a traditional hammam, a 20-metre indoor pool and courtyard vitality pool, a cryotherapy chamber and Himalayan salt room. Views from the hotel include Windsor Great Park, Windsor Castle and Frogmore House, a 17th-century English country house and royal retreat since Queen Charlotte purchased it in 1790. To create an elegant and sumptuous environment, Interior Designers from Grove Developments sourced tiles and stone from Pyro + Echo for all the rooms, suites, bathrooms, corridors, atria, swimming pool and changing areas, confident that they could undertake a project of this scale and prestige.